Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week 4: Pragmatism/Feminist Epestimology

I am agreeing with the philosophy of Pragmatism and Liberal feminist. Although it is obvious male and female physiological biological make up is different (eg. woman bare children, men on average have larger in mass). However I do feel that men and women should be equal in social structure and intellectual structures. Women should have the right to voice their opinions about their ideas of philosophy and be taken equally serious as to their male counterpart. I don't agree totally with the idea of "radical feminists". If they want to restructure the way "things should be" because it was male driven for a long time, with the idea of liberal feminist that should not be a problem since men and women would be equal, to explore ideas and make changes together.

I can strongly relate with pragmatism because the ideas of beliefs and experience correspond to each other for me. However as with many different ideas of philosophy I don't feel that one type is solely responsible for humans obtaining truth and knowledge.

Knowledge to me is information that has been transferred either from another individual, object, or obtained by oneself. I feel that it doesn't have to be true, as long as its not deliberately conveyed with deception.

I say it doesn't have to be true because if a person acts upon "false" knowledge, and evidently is effected by it they can make a their own judgment as to whether that piece of knowledge was true, useful... etc..

1 comment:

Professor Roger said...

I like the discussion of pragmatism here. It seems like your approach would be quite close to this position.